Real Estate is a long-term investment, which is why we project a hold period of between three to five and up to seven years. During that time, TREF Investors are eligible for an 8% preferred cumulative dividend. The dividend is paid periodically based on Fund financials but accumulates annually. Meaning if the Fund does not pay a dividend in 2020, then the 8% is added to the value of the following year’s dividend equaling a 16% payable dividend in 2021, and so on. This is the life-cycle and maturation of the fund. Before dividends are paid the assets/ properties must be stabilized. In the interim, we encourage all investors to setup their Computershare account. With Computershare, you will be able to view your account statement, update your address, as well as add beneficiaries and other account information relevant to dividend issuance once the fund is prepared to process returns.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.